Friday, November 1, 2013

29th Birthday

P1050688P1050689P1050690P1050691

P1050693P1050694

20131028_17361420131028_17400620131028_17401820131028_185413

I had such a great birthday this year.  I woke up to big David singing Happy Birthday to me and giving me a very funny card as usual with a note that said I could get one vacation day! I am very much looking forward to that.  I also got to get a Kindle Fire. I have been wanting one for a while and Amazon had a great sale this week and I got a great deal on one!  David then went and got me some doughnuts for breakfast and took the kids to school for me.  Then I went and picked up some lunch for myself and had a nice relaxing day. That night we took the kids and went to eat at Tepenyaki. It is the restaurant where they cook in front of you and oh so yummy! The kids especially enjoyed watching the fun show, especially Parker. He kept saying, “Fire! Fire! “  He was so amused by it.  Then we came home and I had quite a few sweet friends stop by.  My beehive class president, Allyson, dropped off some gorgeous flowers from the beehive class. My friend Alice-Anne dropped off some delicious home-made salsa and chips. Another one of my girls from church, Sierra, brought over some yummy rice krispy treats and lotion. Then a yummy treat from my home teachers.  Then my mom and dad sent me the perfume I asked for.  It was such a great day and I felt so grateful for so many great friends that helped my day feel so special.  At night David was asking how the birthday was and I told him it was great and he asked if he remembered everything. I told him the only thing was the cake…he felt so bad even though I told him it was fine and I had enough sweets around the house. The next day he showed up with a cake from Sam’s club and it was delicious. He put all 29 candles on it and was impressed, when I blew them all out in one shot.  Thanks to everyone who made my day special and here is to my last year of my 20’s!

1 comment:

Alice-Anne said...

glad it was nice birthday. Kindle Fire and Tepanyaki...good choice! :) That's funny about the cake. Enjoy this last year in your 20's!! It's all downhill after that. jk:)