Saturday, November 14, 2015

Off Bed Rest!!

After 7 looonnnggg weeks of bed rest, I was 36 weeks and got off of bed rest. I was so excited! It had been a long couple of months, but somehow we all survived mom being no help at all.  On Sunday, October 4th we had General Conference for our church and I celebrated by making a big dinner for our family as a thank you for helping us out so much.  Then on Monday I got busy decorating for Halloween and shopping to get all the things that I needed for little Pierce.  I also stocked up on groceries to be on the safe side if I did go into labor, so the kids wouldn’t be stuck without any food. It is truly amazing how much money we saved though with me being on bed rest and David in charge of the groceries. The kids were so excited to have some of their normal lunch stuff back in the mix and that I made breakfast for them! It was so nice to be able to do things again and to be able cook or get whatever I might be craving that day! That was so hard to wait for food and have to have someone else get it for me.  I was lucky that Giselle had done all the laundry for Pierce and gotten all the baby things ready, so that I wouldn’t have to worry about it. It was so nice to shop again, except that I was in so much pain! Apparently there is some kind of syndrome in pregnancy, where your bones actually break and I had that. So any kind of movement sent extreme pain through me. It was terrible! It felt like my bones were rubbing together and it was not a good feeling. I couldn’t find any relief except with my baths. Thank goodness for our new house and our big soaking tub. It made such a difference. I was also having contractions constantly for hours at a time for the last week and a half before I went into real labor, but they would be irregular and not too painful so I knew it wasn’t real labor.  So I kept doing things like mowing the lawn.Winking smile  It really is a long time to do nothing, but so worth it.

No comments: