Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Grandma's Funeral



My Grandma Beard passed away on May 7th, 2016. I was lucky enough to fly out with Pierce to her funeral. It was so bittersweet. It was great to see my family for a second time in less than 2 months, but sad to know my Grandma wasn't with us anymore.  It was a beautiful funeral and honored Marj Beard so greatly. Each of her 4 kids spoke fondly about her and the great influence she was and the funny lady that she was in her life. We had the funeral and then a luncheon at my cousin's house. It was great to be able to think of her that day. I am grateful for a compassionate husband as well, who encouraged me to go to her funeral, even though I had just left for a week just a couple of months before this.  It was nice to see my extended family that I so rarely see again too. Tender mercies for sure during a sad time.  There were lots of tears, but even more laughs with all of us together. So grateful to have had such a great woman to call Grandma. She is missed, but I am so glad she is in heaven now and has all her earthly ailments taken from her. Thank goodness that there is life after death and that we can be a family forever.

No comments: