Wednesday, December 16, 2009

David's 4 Years Old!











I can't believe my little boy is 4 years old today!! We were watching videos of him last night and I still ball when I see the video of me finally getting to hold him after 45 long minutes! 4 years ago on December 15 at 9:00 p.m. I started having contractions about 5 minutes apart, but my doctor told me not to come in until they were about 3 minutes apart. David was in the living room or something and I was in the bedroom and I didn't want to tell him I was having contractions for 2 reasons. One he had told me that David was going to be born on December 16th and I didn't want him to be right and reason number 2 was...for anyone who has ever been in the same room you will understand this one!...David gets a little antsy when he is nervous or anxious and so I was just going to wait until my contractions to be closer. So he came to bed at about 10:30 and was laying with me for a little bit and then he asked me why I was breathing so weird. To which I yelled, "Can't I breath?!" He asked if I was going into labor and I said yes and then he started pacing back and forth until we left for the hospital an hour later. We got to the hospital and I was dilated and having contractions every 2-3 minutes. Then I got my epidural and everything was great! Then the next day at about 1:30 p.m. they told me it was time to start pushing. It was the hardest thing ever and after 1 hour and 15 minutes my little baby boy was here. They took him right away because he was grunting, which meant he had fluid in the lungs. I didn't get to see or hold my baby for 45 minutes. It was some of the longest minutes of my life. THen I finally got him in my arms and didn't want to let him go, but they had to take him to the NICU to watch him because of his breathing, which is where they discovered he had sleep apnea which means he would stop breathing when he fell asleep. Then they did some scans and saw he had bleeding on the brain. He was kept in the hospital for 11 days and I could only hold every 3-4 hours to feed him for 20-30 minutes. He had a feeding tube down his throat and little glasses on his face for the jaundice and the nurses said he would always take the feeding tube out and the glasses off. Tough little guy~ It was so hard to see him hooked up to all the monitors and not being able to comfort him. He is such an amazing little boy. He is so loving and gentle and loves all his family. He is talking up a storm now that he is four and it is hard to believe that one year ago he could only say a few words. He is very considerate and loves to snuggle with his mommy! He loves giving hugs and his new, "I love you" is " I like you." He is hilarious and fun and cute and I am so glad he is mine! Happy Birthday Dave! We love you!!

2 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

oh that video was so sweet! I can't believe little David is all grown up! Time just goes so quickly! I remember how beautiful of a newborn he was, he was just absolutely perfect! Happy Birthday David!! We miss ya'll!!!

Jen T. said...

Thanks J.P.! He was a pretty little baby! I can't wait to see pictures of your little Anna! Miss you lots too!!