Sunday, April 25, 2010

Potty Training

David's $20 he got for going pee-pee on the potty! Pretty pricey pee, huh?!
Isn't this the cutest picture of David and Mags!



Cowgirl Maggie! She would run around saying "stick 'em up!"
Well after 4 years and 4 months David has gone to the potty. On Thursday I had come downstairs to find poop all over the playroom floor. I decided then and there that I was done with diapers for David. So I threw away all of his diapers right then and he has been in underwear ever since. There have been a ton of accidents and a few tears, but we have stuck to it! We took out the $20 we use to buy his diapers and used is as a bribery. We put it on the mirror in the bathroom and kept reminding him. He said that he wants to buy 100 cars, so that he can fill up his train table! So cute! So then today Giselle came over and David told him to go potty. He then saw that I was making cookies and asked if he could have one. I told him sure as long as he went to the potty on the toilet! So he went and sat on the potty and I would go and check on him and as if he was ready to get off yet and he would say, "mom in just 10 more minutes. " So he was just sitting on the potty for quite a bit and then he called us upstairs and he had finally done it!! He peed on the potty!!!! We were all so excited. He got off the potty and said, "Mom can I have my $20 now and a cookie?!" He got a pretty good deal! He got a lot of cookies, $20, and he got to stay up late and watch his favorite show...America's funniest home videos! We are so excited. This is a huge step for our little David. We can do it!!!

No comments: