Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Parker's First Bath!!!





Parker had his first bath tonight! His umbilical cord finally fell off after more than 2 weeks! He wasn't a huge fan of the bath. He started to tolerate it after a minute or two though. I love a baby after a bath! They smell so good and they are just so soft! He had his 2 week check up this past Monday and he is down to 8 pounds 1 ounce. I can believe it with as much as he poops and pees! He does not like dirty diapers at all. He refuses to eat if he has a dirty diaper. So I usually end up changing it right before a feeding and right after a feeding. It is fun...He is a crier! Loves to be heard. He gets the hiccups at least twice a day, just like when he was in the womb. He finally likes the swing and bouncy seat. Although I do feel bad because it is a pink bouncy seat! He has started smiling, when little David comes and talks to him. He loves it when Maggie sings to him. He loves sitting with Daddy. He's on an every other day thing on being happy. But every other day he feels the need for me to hold him constantly. I usually have about an hour of time to not be holding him on those days. It gets a little hard. He is a sweet little baby though. A little high maintenance most days, but what can you do?? He makes the cutest faces that are very entertaining to watch! I love having this little baby boy though. He is a joy to have in our family!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I like the picture of him sleeping on his arm.

Margie Quilter said...

He is cute!!!!! and if my doctor isn't wrong and I have a boy our boys can be BFFs!! :)

Jen T. said...

Thanks, Danielle! Margie, I am sure your doctor is right! I kept looking at the ultrasound the whole 4 months and thinking that it looked more like a boy, but then I would say well I think that the doctor would know better than me!! It will be fun having boys the same age!:)