Monday, April 11, 2011

Introducing...

PARKER SCOTT TORGERSON 8 POUNDS 6 OUNCES!!!







Yes, you read right! After almost 4 and 1/2 months of thinking we were going to have a little Elizabeth, we hear the doctor say those 3 little words, "It's a boy!!!" Our reaction was, "What?! You mean a girl?!" It was complete shock in the delivery room from everyone! Nothing could have surprised me more. But we are so excited to have another little boy!! He is just precious and very vocal! He was 20 inches long and weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces. Just a healthy little baby and so chubby and cute. It is hard not to squeeze those little cheeks all the time!:)
I woke up this morning at about 4:00 a.m. and really had to go to the bathroom, so I went and it just felt weird. I thought maybe my water broke, but I wasn't quite sure, so I went back to bed and laid down for a little bit and then after about 15 minutes my pants we wet and, so I was going to put on a sweater, because I didn't want to wake David up yet and see him pacing. But he woke up and asked why I was hunched over in pain. He said we had to leave right away to go to the hospital, so we did. We got settle into the room by about 5:30 and I was dilated to about a 6. Then they checked me at about 6:30 and I was an 8. About 15 minutes later, I told the nurse I thought it was time to push, so she checked me and I was to 10 centimeters and ready to start pushing. I started pushing at about 7:16 and he was born at 7:19 a.m. It was an amazing and crazy moment hearing the doctor say it was a boy!! I couldn't be happier to have another little man in our lives! I will try and keep everyone posted on how little Parker is doing! Thanks for all the sweet prayers and text and calls for our little baby! We really feel loved today!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

we are so glad HE is here! Wish we could see him right away and kiss those big cheeks!

jennifer rogers said...

man what a suprise! i can't believe that he isn't a she! but what a fun story to tell for the rest of his life! I love love love that name and he is just a cutie! 8 lbs. 6 oz!! Penny you are a trooper! we love you and are so happy for you guys!

Sarah... said...

What a doll!! Wow, girl...what a fabulous delivery :) You look amazing and I'm glad everything went well for you. Lots of love your way!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! You made it sound so easy! I'm glad things progressed so quickly. Contests on your surprise boy and I love the name.

Jennifer R. said...

Awe! I love these photos! Congrats to you all! I love his name! How totally awesome! He really resembles Maggie, especially the pic with his fingers in his mouth! I wish I could have heard what Maggie said to him. CUTENESS by the barrels!!!!

Margie Quilter said...

Oh my gosh! That is so exciting! Now we are really going to have to get together. Our boys can be pals! Congratulations, I'm so excited for yoU!

Jen T. said...

Thanks y'all!! Even almost 24 hours later, I am still in some shock! And I was very blessed to have such a easy delivery. Jen Russell, he really does look like Maggie! I was just noticing that last night too. Margie, yes they will be great friends! Y'all should come by to see our new bundle of joy, especially since we haven't seen y'all in forever!

Julie said...

Congratulations! What a surprise!

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

Congratulations! What a fun surprise! How the did the doc get that wrong!? He's precious.