Sunday, February 12, 2012

My dresser makeover!

Before...(I forgot to take a good picture of the before...so here is one kindof!:)

After!!!


So we have been in our house coming up on 3 years this May and for 3 years I have tried to think of ways to get more storage in my kitchen.  I have only 3 drawers in my whole kitchen and it can be a little challenging to find a place to put everything.  I also only have 3 cupboards for pots and pans.  Not enough by any means for me! But I have dealt with it in the past.  Well thanks to amazing pinterest I found the solution on Friday...so by Friday afternoon I had gone out and gotten all of the things I would need to paint and update this dresser that David's grandma gave us a couple of years ago that has just been in our guest room as storage for wrapping paper.  For all the paint, primer and new hardware it cost about $100, but I love it!!!! It was a cheap solution for me compared to what I really want to do and I have plenty of leftover paint and primer to do other projects! I am so excited how good it looks too!! I actually have room to store things in now.  It has made my weekend! I am also excited that it will be able to serve as a buffet table for us as well! We always have a ton of food for our little get togethers and never had anywhere to put it.  But I do now!:) 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is awesome! great place to put it in your kitchen! what did we do before pinterset?!!

Bailey said...

You missed a spot!

Alice-Anne said...

Jen, this is beautiful! What a great solution for your kitchen...I'll have to admire it the next time I'm there. Good job!

jennifer rogers said...

you did a great job! It looks way more modern!