Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Parker's Tubes


Waiting for the relaxing medicine to kick in!

This may come as a surprise to some of you that Parker had tubes put in about 2 weeks ago.  I have just come to expect that by 15 months my kids will have tubes or my life will be spent at the pediatrician.  So Parker had an ear infection from the middle of March until he got the tubes put in. He was on 3 different medicines in that time and was on 2 of them twice.  The 3rd one that he was on he had an allergic reaction to he broke out in hives all over and had a fever. That was the augmentin.  Good to know for future reference.  :)  So after going into Dr. Bosworth in May with his ear infection still there, which had now turned into a double ear infection, he said to go on and go to the ENT and schedule for tubes.  So we went to the ENT and he had us set up to get them in within 2 weeks.  Just on a side note I get my prescriptions from Target now and I LOVE them! We have dealt with quite a few pharmacies and always had issues with them. Anyways! So I have a Target Red card (which is a debit card linked to your bank account) you get 5% off every time you use your Target Red Card and when you get 5 prescriptions filled there you will get an extra 5% off for one full day.  Just in the past 2 months I have gotten 3 extra 5% off because of how many dang prescriptions we have had to have.  ANYWAYS, after that big side note! So on Thursday, June 28th I took Parker into the hospital at 7:00 a.m and by 11:00 we were home and he was as happy as could be.  Hopefully this cures our doctor visits.  I asked my ENT if they had a buy 3 tubes and get the 4th free or anything like that...sadly they don't. I also told my pediatrician that after all of our business we give to him surely he had to have been able to get something really big for himself this year. He said that he saw the ENT on the lake the previous weekend and the ENT's boat was a lot bigger than his! :0 We had a good laugh! Oh good times!  So Parker is doing good! We had his check up yesterday and Dr. Meads said that everything looked just perfect! Whew!

No comments: