Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Torgerson's Visit

David and Eric


Father's Day! David and Maggie both felt they needed to just give Dad something from around the house that they really loved. It was really cute and the kids put a lot of thought into what to give David!:) He got Battleship from little David and the pig pillow from Maggie.  He also got some clothes and an exercise bike!

Grandpa, Parker and Eric


They just kept running to Grandpa!:)

Meme and all her Grandbabies!

Papa, Meme and Parker
We were so excited to have the Sherrie, Dave, Austin, Genevieve and baby Eric come out for a visit in June! Gen and Sherrie had quite the trip. They drove out to Wyoming with Grandma Turnbull before coming to Utah and were traveling with a 4 month old for over 24 hours total.  It was quite the ordeal, but they made it and survived and we were so glad they came! They got here on Friday, June 8th and stayed until Sunday, June 24th.  They are real troopers for staying that long. I know I love going to Arkansas and visiting everyone, but I don't like living out of a suitcase or not having my own bed. They were able to be here for Maggie's recital and then the week I had girl's camp they were here, which was soooo nice to know they were there with the kids.  We had a ton of fun while they were here and as always a lot of laughs! (One Dollar...was a great one;))  Dave and Austin came out on Saturday, June 16th.  Austin had a basketball camp that week, so they had to come up later than the girls...and Eric. :)  I know while I was at Girl's Camp they made some trips to the park and library, had a big day of shopping and had a great time with the pool Meme got them! Then we had Father's Day at Giselle and Kevin's house, which I personally loved because I didn't have to cook!!!:) Bonus!  I think all the Dad's had a great day!
Playing at the Spray Park downtown



Parker LOVED the spray park! He had no fear and would just start laughing, when the water would start spraying him in the face!:) 


I love this picture of him! The look of shock on his face that soon turned to pure joy!

After the spray park we headed to Temple Square. We walked around the new City Creek Mall, which is amazing and had some lunch with David. 

Look at Parker trying to get into that water!

Parker and Meme!

Papa and Parker at the zoo...this is how Parker liked to go around best!




This picture was after Maggie had the huge fit, because she didn't get to go through the big spinner.

On the Merry Go Round. Maggie was a little worried most of the time

On Tuesday morning we packed up the kids and headed downtown, because the company that Kevin works for was on Good Morning America and Kevin was one the people being interviewed as well for the new cell phone app they just put out called Hero (you can see that here) The kids were getting antsy, so we took them down to the spray park and they had a great time! Parker loved it the most for sure. We also had Gabby with us that day...she was not as huge a fan of the spray park, but she was a good sport.  Then we headed to Temple Square and met up with David at City Creek Mall for lunch.  The kids were pretty much done after that, so we headed home.  It was a fun day! That day I took Maggie to the doctor, because she had been complaining about her stomach hurting for a day or so. So we went and found out she had Strep throat. David had it about 2 weeks before that.  I felt so bad, because Genevieve was staying with us with little Eric. Strep is contagious until 24 hours after you take the medicine.  So I came home and told them the bad news and Gen looked a little worried. Somehow we had a mix up and she thought that I said that she should go somewhere else to stay so that Eric wouldn't get it, but in my mind I didn't.  I was thinking when she asked me if I thought they should go somewhere else and I guess that I was shaking my head yes. So Gen ran downstairs and within 5 minutes she was packed and out the door to Grandma Torgerson's! We had a good laugh about it later about our little miscommunication. It turned out ok though. Gen was able to have her own room with a nice comfy bed and a quiet house! Then on Wednesday we went to the zoo. I am sad to say this was Parker's first trip to the zoo. Somehow I just couldn't picture him being happy there his first summer.  He LOVED everything about it.  He just had this look of amazement the whole time.  It was too cute! It was great having one adult per child too! I did not mind the help.  The rest of the week we kind of just took it easy. I think we were all tired from our eventful and full week! On Friday we had a girl's night and Sherrie, Gen, Giselle, Trish and I went to The Gateway downtown and did some browsing and ate at a yummy Italian restaurant. Then Saturday David's aunt and uncle and cousins came down for a visit.  We had a lot of good laughs.  That night the boys went to the West Jordan Demolition Derby and said it was GREAT!:)  Sunday morning bright and early the Torgersons headed back South.  It was so good and fun to have them here for so long...of course for the kids, it is never long enough!:)

No comments: