Friday, February 1, 2013

New Beginnings

P1030919P1030920P1030921P1030922P1030923P1030924P1030925P1030926P1030927P1030928

We had our Young Women New Beginnings a couple of weeks ago. I was over it and no matter how low key I keep it, I always get a little anxious.  Luckily my 12 and 13 year old girls did a great job planning and helping with the night. I also  delegated most of the things to the other leaders, which is hard to do since I like to be over every detail. Being 7 months pregnant helped thoughSmile  The theme for the youth this year is D&C 87:8 “Stand ye In holy places.” So we went with the shoe theme.  The girls all came over on Tuesday night and decorated the shoe cupcakes. They did a great job and definitely saved me an hour or more of decorating!  Then we had the big cookie cake with the shoes on them. I love cookie cakes and was glad to have an excuse to make this so easy and yet so delicious dessert! We also had a Cherry limeade drink.  We started the night out by welcoming our new beehives that will be or have joined us this year.  There were four of them and we played Jeopardy to learn more about them.  We called the girls parents and asked questions like favorite food, drink, activity and  a few others.  We also made them sashes with their names on them, which I didn’t even get any pictures of them.  The girls seemed a little embarrassed, but in a good way!  Then we gave out any Personal Progress achievements to the girls.  Then we did a script from Jenny Phillips called “The Right Shoes.” We had the bishop give some closing remarks and then had our yummy treats.  It was a fun night, but I am always glad when they are done.  That is until the next activity.Smile

1 comment:

Alice-Anne said...

Yay! for N.B! And you were a rock star to make that all come together. Glad you got pictures...I didn't get any of those amazing refreshments! I just got done catching up on your blog....you've done a lot! i love that there were presents in every post! aren't you glad December is over? I love your updates on your kids. that parker...what a personality! And FOR THE RECORD: you always lose your baby fat like the next day. I'm still in maternity clothes FOREVER.