Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January Update!

P1030886P1030883P1030909

Parker loves his backpack he got from Grandma and Grandpa DeVaux for Christmas and loves wearing it around! David loves all of his angry birds that he got for his birthday and plays with them all the time! Maggie loves playing in her room these days and can’t go a day without playing with her new Barbie’s she got for her birthday. 

Where does the time go? I can’t believe that in less than 2 months I will have 4 kids and a new baby.  Some days I think that I am ready, but the other 90% of the days I am okay with just the 3 kids and not quite ready for a newborn again. Didn’t Parker just get out of the newborn phase like last week?!!

David is doing really well in 1st grade and loves school and especially loves his teacher. She is great for David and is always telling us funny things that David does at school. She seems entertained by him and his ways! He has a very good imagination and it has really grown since being in Miss Gurney’s class.  He is all about MindCraft and Angry Birds. He is still as happy as ever and easy going.  We got to go to “It’s Great to be Eight” for his primary class a couple of Sundays ago and they told us all about how to get David ready to be baptized in December.  He has some great Primary teachers this year that will do a great job preparing him for such a special day. 

Maggie is doing great these days.  She is still loving preschool and has learned so much from it. It has been a great program for her and she has made some great friends through it.  Luckily I only teach one more week before the end of the year.  The other moms are very supportive and know how crazy a newborn can be, so they said I won’t need to teach after little Elizabeth makes her debut! I will take it.  Maggie is also enjoying her dance class still and she is very excited to be dancing to “Chim chiminey” from Mary Poppins.  I always look forward to her recitals. She has come a long way in the 2 years she has been in dance.  She is so excited to meet Elizabeth and loves to feel her moving around in my tummy. 

Parker has become a new kid these past couple of months.  He has been so happy since December and very entertaining. His new thing to do to make us all laugh is to start shaking his whole body as hard as he can (usually at the dinner table) and then turns red! I need to get it on video because it is so dang funny. It reminds me so much of Olivia (my little niece) back in the days, when I watched her a few years ago. She would do the same thing.  Parker loves going places and loves playing with all of Maggie's toys.  He is a great little eater and just a happy baby these days.  He has no idea his life is about to change so dramatically in the next couple of months. Poor little kid. I think he will like having a little baby though. He is so independent and loves to be treated like a “big kid” so this should make him happy, right?! He is really into “The Wiggles” these days and can even say “wiggles.” He also says “where’d it go” and “there it is!”

Big David has been extremely busy at work these days.  He has been at his job for over 5 years now, which means he gets to park in the Joseph Smith Building parking instead of the Conference center Parking. It works out well, since we are having such a cold and snowy winter this year.  He also gets 5 extra vacation days a year which is awesome…although he hasn’t taken a real vacation in a couple of years. He has acquired quite a few days for vacation. It he wanted to he could take off a whole month from work and be paid. It is just too bad he is so valuable and that will never happen.  He is always having managers from other groups at his job asking him to switch to their team. In his time with the church he has changed positions 5 times.  He has come a long way! It is great that he is so talented and so needed at work, but I know he does more than his share of work and never complains about it.  I am forcing him to take our first real family vacation to Disneyland this year and he is doing a great job at only breathing heavy and sweating a little each time I bring it up. Progress for him!

I am fatter than ever and okay with it!Smile  I am about 31 weeks along and feeling great! I remember with Parker I was so big and had so much pain in my lower back by this time that I had to take a bath a couple of times a day just to have a little bit of my day without pain. Not so with this one! I am measuring right on track and feeling good about that! Again with Parker I was measuring 2 weeks ahead for the last 3 months of pregnancy.  I have most of my energy back and can eat whatever and whenever I want again, without worrying about getting sick. I have been feeling good since about 22 weeks. That was the last time I had “morning sickness.”  I am also not on bed rest!!! I have been getting the weekly shots to help prevent preterm labor since about 17 weeks along. I think I only have 5 more shots left!! I am looking forward to not having to make the weekly trips to my doctor. The good news is that my doctor  and nurse are amazing! So much better than my last OBGYN.  The nurses are just so friendly and sweet and just night and day from my last ones with Parker.  Most of my appointments I am in and out in less than 25 minutes.  I just love them!Smile  It makes a huge difference having a doctor you like.  I am trying to get everything that I need for this little baby. You would think that I have everything that I need, since this is my 4th,  but holy cow it still just adds up!  My goal is to get everything ready by March just in case.  She is a very active baby and loves kicking those feet all day and night.  My kids usually have pretty strong leg muscles, when they come out from the workout they do while in me.  I can’t wait to not be pregnant anymore and actually be able to bend, roll, breath, pick things up without people having a heart attack and so many other things! But I must say I feel great for being almost 8 months pregnant and couldn’t feel much better! 

P1030914

My sister has been asking for a belly picture, so here it is just for you!Smile Objects are bigger in pictures then in real life though!Winking smile

No comments: