Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Eve 2012

P1030743P1030745

IMAG0644IMAG0645

P1030746P1030747Parker loved wearing Maggie’s dress up gloves!Smile

P1030751P1030752

P1030758P1030760

 

I love Christmas Eve. This year we were at my house and we had quite the feast of course! We had beef tenderloin, roast (for the kids) mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, bang bang shrimp, meatballs and I am sure that I am forgetting something…and of course cinnamon wreaths and all the yummy goodies from neighbors and friends! It was all so delicious and we all ate way too much.  After being in the kitchen preparing for about 5 hours I was dead and ready for bedtime for everyone.  After dinner we went and read Luke 2 and had the kids act it out for us.  Gabby was the angel, Maggie was Mary, Parker was Joseph and David insisted on being a sheep. Big David said to him, “David why don’t you be Joseph instead?” David responded, “ok, but I am still going to be a sheep.” He won!  After that we all got to open one present. Sadly I guess we did not get any pictures of us doing that. We did get videos, but I can never get the videos on here.  Parker got a shape sorter from Gabby, Maggie got make-up and nail polish from Grandma and Grandpa DeVaux, little David got a cute blanket from Meme and Papa. Big David opened clothes I think. And I opened 2 presents from David. The first one had about 6 individually wrapped presents inside of it.  I was so excited…until I opened the first, which was windex. I also got 409, floor cleaner, latex gloves, and dusting stuff.  That wasn’t even the worst part. Then I got to the bottom of the box and there was a binder full of about 80 pages. This is what the binder said…

 

P1030769

The 80 pages were full of detailed description of how to properly clean a house. It started with how to put on a latex glove…it just got worse from there.  The good news is that David is healing nicely.Winking smile  Luckily at the end of the book was the note that said that I will be getting some people to clean the house for me!Smile  I was so excited and couldn’t believe it. I have been wanting this for the past couple of months, since I have zero energy because of this pregnancy and I have a child named Parker! Another reason is the fact that I may go on bed rest any day now and I know that David will need some help with the cleaning, since he does have a full time job and calling at church.  I can’t wait to get them out here! Best present ever! Oh I forgot to mention the other present that I got to open that night it was a mop. David is such a funny guy isn’t he???  He got it all on video and was very proud of himself.  I had a pretty good attitude until I got to the House cleaning guide…that when the throwing of things started.Smile  Another side note, David spent about an hour or two making this book of ours and I thought he was doing something really meaningful for me, so it was a little bit of a shock to me to see this. Oh good times. Good laughs for sure!  After the presents the kids were all anxious to go to bed, so we set out milk and cookies from Santa and sent them to bed.  It was a fun Christmas Eve!

No comments: