Friday, May 31, 2013

Penny Elizabeth

P1040860P1040861P1040862P1040863P1040868P1040869P1040870

So my little brother Gabe and his wife Molly had their sweet little baby girl, Penny Elizabeth on Wednesday, May 8th. Molly had quite the tough pregnancy. Between high blood pressure and sickness through the whole pregnancy I know she was ready to not be pregnant.  She got an emergency c-section at just 36 weeks along.  Little Penny weighed only 4 pounds 2 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches.  I was so anxious to meet her, but we were heading to Arkansas the weekend that they had her. She was in NICU for the first few days just to keep an eye on her, since she was so tiny. 

Last weekend Trish, Gabby, Lizzy and I headed to Rexburg to meet our newest niece. We mostly chatted and went and got a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants in Rexburg.  Most of the time we just took turns passing the babies around.  Gabe had saved this outfit that Penny had on just for his big sisters to see his daughter in. He was pretty excited to show off Penny’s cute clothes! She is just so tiny!  Elizabeth looked like a beast next to her tiny cousin. Gabe and Molly are both just natural parents and are so cute with their little daughter.  It’s so exciting to see them start their family and for Penny and Lizzy to be best friends! 

I made Penny some shirts and had to make one that said Penny Poo-Poo.  For those of you who don’t know, my nickname since I was about 10 has been Penny. I hated it for years and still won’t let David call me that.  So when Gabe and Molly said they were naming her Penny we all thought they were joking because it was such a big family joke. They were serious and I am flattered to have my little niece named after me! The name fits her well. She is such a sweet little baby.  I can’t wait to see her again and see how Parker handles seeing his favorite uncle with a baby to look after. It could be a little awkward.Winking smile 

Congrats again to Gabe and Molly on sweet little Penny! She is amazing!

No comments: