Thursday, September 25, 2014

10 Years

 

P1070194P1070195P1070196P1070197

P1070199P1070200

On July 22nd David and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary!! We had a great day. As said in a previous post it was David’s little brother, Austin’s, last day before he left for his mission. So we went and did sealings at the temple with some of our family names.  Then we went and ate at Longhorn and then we went back to our house and watched a little video I made for Austin’s farewell and mine and David’s engagement video. Man was David young…I haven’t aged a day. Winking smile 

4 kids, 1 dog, 3 apartments, 2 houses and about 5 cars later and here we are.  It has gone by so fast and what an amazing 10 years it has been.  I had no idea before I met David that I would end up in Utah and then when I met David I really thought that we would NEVER be in Utah. I thought we are safe. We have been here 7 years this November, majority of our marriage.  We are very blessed to be out here still.  After all this time it is great that we still love to be around each other and we can always make each other laugh, even when the other doesn’t want to. We had our longest time apart this summer, while I was in Arkansas. We were apart for 2 and 1/2 weeks!!! It was good. That way we figured out we really do miss each other when we are apart.  It reminded me of when we were dating and all googly eyed and mushy.  We spent hours on the phone at night and neither of us would hang up. It was great, but it was even better when we saw each other after such a long time. 

I couldn’t ask for a better husband.  He is a genius…seriously. I have yet to find something that he doesn’t know how to fix and trust me I have tried and broken a lot of things in the last decade. Just so he can make himself feel better, not because I am clumsy at all. I feel we both put up with an even amount of annoying stuff from each other, but the good out ways the bad everyday! He still holds my hand, kisses me hello and good-bye and gives me hugs daily. We still say I love you I don’t know how many times in a day and still love dating each other. 

Happy 10 years, Baby!!

No comments: