Sunday, September 14, 2014

First Day of 3rd grade

P1070338P1070339P1070342P1070345

3rd grade already?? David was so excited to start school.  Can I just say how easy to please this child is? I kept telling him we could go shopping for some new clothes, shoes and all that other fun stuff that comes with a new school year, but he just kept saying , “No mom, I have enough stuff.” Such a good easy going kid! He also packs his own lunch each morning too. It is awesome.  He was pretty excited about taking pictures too, which is funny. He kept saying I needed to get a picture of each side of him. Too funny.

His teacher, Miss Sten, is new at the school this year and seems really sweet and I think and hope her and David will get along well.  Smile 

Also, David has started swimming lessons. He has been wanting too for a few months, but because of some health issues was unable to. He is so excited and has no fear of the water. He loves learning too!

First Day of 1st Grade

P1070350P1070351P1070352

Maggie started the day after David started school. She had an evaluation the first day with her teacher Miss Lansford and was so excited to start first grade and eat lunch at school and go a full day like David!! Maggie really is a sweetheart and loves to help.  She was so excited to get some new outfits and had the hardest time picking out her backpack.  She puts a lot of thought into everything.  She is pretty excited because her and David’s classrooms and just one hall away from each other and she even got to play with David and his friends at recess the first day.  So cute.  She talked our ears off  about every detail of her first day and is loving being so big! She loves to pack her own lunch too and although she is not a fan of homework at all, she still does it and by the end almost enjoys it too.  I am so glad she loves school so much!!

Maggie also started taking gymnastics this past month.  She decided to take a break from dance and try out something new. I am all for my kids not getting stuck in one thing, unless they want to!  She has really made some progress in such a short time!

Parker’s First Day of Preschool

P1070358P1070359P1070364P1070365P1070368

Parker got to start preschool this year.  He has been a little behind with his speech and although he keeps getting better each day, it is still very hard to understand most things he says.  He got tested for speech back in May and they approved him to be put into the speech program in preschool here.  It is free. He goes Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:40-1:40 and the bus even comes to pick him up and drop him off.  His teachers name is Miss Bettina.  She seems really sweet.  We went for an open house the week before preschool started and met her and saw the classroom.  Parker was so excited to go and then when we got there, he just got so shy and quiet. It was a little overwhelming I think.  Then the next week the day after Labor Day he started.  He was so excited to get his picture taken in front of the tree.  He ran out and stood there waiting for me to take his picture.  Then we went out and waited for his school bus.  While we were waiting, he looked up at me and said, “Mom, you hug me? And I hug you?” It was adorable!! He gave me the biggest hug and then the bus pulled up and the assistant got off and helped Parker on the bus and buckled him in.  He was so excited and didn’t seem scared at all. I’m pretty sure that I had a harder time than he did.  I started crying watching the bus drive away with my little baby boy.  He is such a great kid. So thoughtful and very gentle with his little sister Elizabeth these days.  He is growing up too fast and becoming a great little boy.

On a side note, Parker also got his tubes taken out of his ears this week. They had been in for about a year and a half and before I knew what was happening the doctor was taking them out.  I pray that he won’t have any issues without the tubes this winter.  He did AMAZING for the doctor while he was taking the tubes out. It looked painful, but Parker just laid there as still as could  be and didn’t even flinch.  The doctor was amazed how well he did and said that most grown-ups usually shed a tear or two from the pain during this! He is a tough kid!!

 

First Day as an Only Child

P1070333P1070321

After 18 months of sharing me with 3 other siblings 24 hours a day this little girl finally has some alone time with her Mommy.  I didn’t know how Lizzy would react to not having any other kids around, but she has loved it!! She just sits with me and plays and is content. She doesn’t seem to mind the quiet and alone time.  She is such a sweet little girl! She has gotten quite a bit of teeth these past few months and so we have had some rocky days, but even on her worst day she is still pretty easy to please. Usually all it takes is a good snuggle and maybe some Mario on the Wii to make her day! She absolutely LOVES Mario Brothers and will bring me the Wii controller and say, “It’s a go” or “help me” that’s what toad says on the game…it is adorable.  She likes to hold a controller and pretend to play too.  It is nice to have something for her to watch  and let me have a break.  The girl does not like t.v. one bit.  Which is good, BUT not on the days when I just need some downtime by myself.  Oh well!! She is speaking so much and says something new everyday. She loves music and loves to sing.  Her favorites are “Let it Go,” “Round and Round the Garden” and “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.”  I love hearing her sing “Let it Go” it is so dang cute.  She is also my pickiest eater yet.  Although, she does love grown up food way more than the usual kid foods that the other kids enjoy so much.  She loves steak and anything with spice. She insists on trying anything that I am eating and even when I am struggling with how spicy it may be, it doesn’t even phase her.  It is amazing.   She is a delightful little girl and we love watching her grow so much each day, even with the little attitude of being the youngest child in the family. She is definitely spoiled in so many ways, but as I tell all the kids, she will get her payback someday with someone younger than her! Smile 

 

P1070326P1070324

2-1F91ADA0-1221085-8002-2CF0A7CE-698151-8002-3B8216BF-1229714-8002-4C74F237-997840-8002-33F4A56F-238976-8004-216D06A6-515271-800This is what I wake up to at the foot of my bed most mornings!! Biscuit and Parker snuggling together. IMAG1552

No comments: