Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

Maggie with her black eye and her Max and Ruby!!!
My present from David! He Had the kids each color a picture for me and then got some binders for all of their art work!! Cute, huh?!
My Valentine Card from David! This is what Maggie always tells me, except she says, "You're special and I'm Lucky!"

Just a picture of David with his Duffensmurf!
Biscuit curled up on David's pajamas. He love's laying on our stuff!
Princess Maggie!
Valentine's Day morning with their presents!

David has been asking for a clock for a few weeks now. He liked this clock except that it had 3 hands instead of 2. He only wanted 2 hands on it, but he said he still liked it!:)
Valentine's Day was pretty low key and fun this year! We got the kids just a little something. Maggie has been begging for a Max to go with her Ruby for about 3 weeks now and was so excited, when she opened her present and saw her Max in there! David got his clock, even though it had 3 hands instead of 2 hands. For big David, I got him some new sunglasses, which he has needed for the past couple of years! I also got an instructional DVD on how to give massages and then gave him a nice massage. He is always begging me for a massage, but I do not like giving them, so this was a big surprise for him! It even told me how to set up the room to make it more relaxing and everything I needed to know. I was finally able to surprise him, without him figuring it out before hand! David gave me a HUGE bag of candy and he made those little binders for me for the kids art work, which I thought was really sweet and unique! A great present!! Then we just picked up some food from Texas Roadhouse that night and ate in. Very low key, but awesome. We have decided we do not like celebrating out in public for Valentine's day because of how amazingly crazy an busy it is everywhere. It makes it not as enjoyable, when there is a 2 hour wait for any restaurant and then it is too crowded and loud. Picking food up and eating it at home is a much better solution!
In other news, Maggie ran into the table in the downstairs living room and got her first black eye. It was awful looking. David has strep throat and Maggie wishes she was sick and insists on going to the doctor to be checked. We took her yesterday and she is just fine. It does amaze me how my poor sick little David behaves better than perfectly healthy Maggie. She is one emotional and high maintenance little girl. I do have some sympathy for her because I have not been able to do much with her and we don't get out because of my semi-bed rest. I think she is going a little crazy being stuck here at home and I think she is realizing that we will have a new little addition in the next few weeks and she won't be the baby anymore. I try to have sympathy for the child, but it can be very hard, when she throws a fit at the drop of a pen. Just 5 more weeks until I can actually do stuff. Yes I will have a newborn, but at least I'll be able to clean or go up the stairs without getting out of breath and having contractions! Let the countdown begin!!

No comments: