Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring Weather

Look how cute they are, even with chocolate all over Maggie's face!
Maggie and David have become creative on what to play with, until we are able to get a swing set for them!:)
David loved playing with the remaining snow and making some mini-snowmen!
Biscuit loved having the company outside
Oh the 3 year old smile for a picture! Cheeeeese!

This week we have had some great weather here! It has been in the 50s, which is soooo warm for Utah! Especially for this time of year. I think that we have had more rain this year than snow, which I am so happy about. It's amazing what a little time outside can do for our sanity. I am completely ok with an inch or 2 of snow every few weeks, as long as it doesn't stay long!
I can't believe it is already March and could not more happier! I have been on "modified" bed rest for the past 5 weeks. I am still able to do a few limited things around the house and get out about once a week, so that I don't lose my mind. Being with my 2 children for 24 hours straight can be enough to drive me crazy. Maggie likes to get out and about as much as I do, so this has been hard for her. David takes them out, but it's usually just once or twice a week and that just isn't enough for Maggie sometimes! I am trying to get ready for little Elizabeth as much as I can without doing much of anything, which can be a little challenging. We are planning on her coming the last week of March, which makes me so excited and yet so anxious at the same time. When I think about not having contractions every hour, being able to bend over to pick things up, walking without being out of breath, seeing below my huge expanding stomach, finishing all the projects that I have had to put on hold, holding a sweet little new baby, and so many other things, that is when I get so excited to be done with this pregnancy. But when I think about having a newborn in the house, no sleep, being pretty much glued to her for the first 6 months, making sure my older kids do not harm her in any way by "helping" and all the things that I keep remembering that come with a little baby, I start to freak out and hope that I can do it and still have my sanity! See this is what happens, when I have all day everyday to think about it. I am just excited that my mom will be able to be out here to help out for the first week...that is as long as Elizabeth comes, when I think she will! :) Thank goodness for Moms!!

No comments: