Thursday, August 11, 2011

4 months!!




Parker is 4 months old!! I love the four month mark for so many reasons! The biggest reason is because he gets to start eating solid foods!!!!! It is so nice to have that help. Since my kids are not fans of bottles, it is all mommy until 4 months hits. It never comes soon enough. We have given him a few bites of some foods this past week and he acts like he has been doing it forever. He is already a pro. Today is the first day with real baby food, so I am very excited about that! We'll see how it goes. Parker is just the cutest baby! He has a huge personality already. His new thing is to stick out his tongue at anyone and everyone that looks at him. He thinks he is pretty funny! He also has a love for his 2 fingers and can self soothe pretty well...when he wants to!:) He loves to smile and laugh. David and Maggie love to help him with this. He has just started to like playing peek-a-boo. He can't get enough of it. He loves his hands and is always playing with them. He also discovered his feet about 2 weeks ago and usually has one hand in his mouth and the other grabbing his feet. He also has a love for holding his ear, when he is going to sleep or tired. He has a lot of signs for when he is tired, which is helpful! He loves his high chair and being in the kitchen to watch mommy cook. He can roll over from his back to his stomach, but can only get to his side from his back. As for sleeping, there is not much of that going on unless he is in his swing, which I know is awful, but I get desperate for anything. In his swing he will sleep from 7:00 p.m. until anywhere from 2:00a.m. to 4:00 a.m. which I love!! In his bed he will sleep 2-3 hours and then by 4:00 a.m. he only wants to sleep with me. I have dug my own grave I know. You think that I would learn by the 3rd kid, but what can I say. Each of my kids is so amazingly different that I just have to do what works best for each one and they won't be this age for very long I have figured out, so I try to enjoy all the extra snuggle time that I have with him.
Parker is such a sweet kid and we love having him in our family. He brings a smile to everyone he sees. That smile is just contagious. Love you Parker Scott!:)

No comments: