Monday, August 1, 2011

Pioneer Day


I love this picture of David! He was sooooo excited!:)


Pioneer Day was on a Sunday this year, so we celebrated it on Monday. David gets off work, which is AWESOME! Especially this year, because David finished the pirate ship that day. We weren't able to do fireworks for the 4th of July this year, so we did some for Pioneer day instead. The only bad thing was that it was raining a lot that day and all night. But we were still able to do some for the kids. They loved them.
Pioneer day really makes me think about the sacrifices the pioneers made so many years ago. When I look at the huge mountains they had to cross over, I just can't fathom it. And then when they got over the mountains and saw a huge land of nothing, and what they turned it into is really amazing. I really am grateful to have the opportunity to live here. There is so much history and not to mention the amazing summers, with almost perfect weather!

No comments: