Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Surprise...


So on July 25 I took a pregnancy test and to my shock discovered that I was pregnant.  2 pregnancy tests later and I started to actually believe that it was not a false positive.  I was shocked and I called to David from the bathroom (more liked screamed with panic in my voice) David came into the bathroom and I showed him the little plus sign on the pregnancy test and then said, "Look what you did to me!!" He was so excited. I was shocked to say the least. I was not quite ready for another little bundle of joy. I still feel like Parker is a baby and was not ready to tackle all nighters, diapers, feeding 24/7 and all that comes with a baby.  This was not going to happen in my book for a little while longer, but I guess God has a different plan for us.  I am excited now although I still have not been the one to tell people. I didn't even tell my family until they were here for Gabe's wedding.  Then David decided to announce it at church in  Elders Quorum with all the men of the church. I hadn't even told my friends at church yet.  I think I have only actually told a handful of people just because the thought of pregnancy makes me sick. I have been sick since about 5 weeks. If I eat and stay on top of eating I am okay, but if I decide to not listen to my body I will pay big for it and sometimes I pay big no matter what I do! I had my first doctor's appointment last Friday and was excited to hear the heart beat and see the little bean in the ultra sound. So we went to the office and signed in. Then the nurse comes and tells me that my doctor had to go in for a delivery and since this was my first time seeing him that I would have to come back in next week.  :( Sad. sad they did all the blood work and all that fun stuff on me on Friday and then Monday we went back in and met the doctor and had the ultrasound.  I always love seeing a little baby that is inside me making me so miserable. :) It makes it more bearable knowing for sure there is something growing in me.  Everything is looking good for baby and me.  I am due on April 3rd, which means that Parker and this baby will be less then 2 years apart. Fun times!! Maggie and David are very excited and are already calling "her" Elizabeth.  David's reasoning is that is how the pattern is boy, girl, boy, girl.  Maggie just wants a little sister ever since Parker came out a boy instead of girl like the doctor told us.  Funny story, a couple of days before we were telling the kids that we were having a baby, Maggie came up to me and said, "Mom, your tummy is getting big. Is there a baby in there?" I have felt fat ever since.  I don't know if I have gotten that fat or if it was maybe just a little angel telling Maggie there would be another baby! I like to think it is the second one to make myself feel better!:) So here we are are expecting our 4th little bundle of joy March or April of next year.  Now that I am over the shock of it all I am very excited to think about about another little baby to cuddle and maybe a sister for Maggie!

4 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

congratulations penny pooh pooh :)

Clare said...

Congratulations!

Alice-Anne said...

I laughed out loud during this post. You're so funny. And, no, you don't look like you've changed at ALL so Maggie must have chatted with an angel. Sorry you've been so sick. I hope it gets better soon. I know you're feeling overwhelmed, but you're SO GOOD at being a mom. God needs good homes like yours to send his little ones, too. :) You'll do great.

Jen T. said...

Thanks y'all!!:)