Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Maggie's First Day of Preschool


After waiting all summer, Maggie has finally started her first year of preschool!!! It was a glorious and happy day for all of us!:) I love the girl, but she can be a little tiring and can talk your ear off with out even taking a breath.  We were both so ready for this day to come.  I am doing a co-op preschool with 4 other ladies.  2 of them are in my ward and the other 2 are friends with Alice-Anne.  I had some doubts about whether I could handle teaching kids again.  I hadn't been with other people's kids in about 5 years and have not really missed it. After so many years working at preschools and day cares I had been burned out and needed a break. But after meeting and talking with the other moms about everything I was way excited.  We have preschool on Monday and Thursday from 10:00-12:00.  Each of us have the kids for one week, which means that each of us only have to teach once every 5 weeks! I loved that idea.  We have a preschool book to go from and we have a letter of the day for each day.  We also have the preschool day planned out, so that we all go off of that and can give the kids consistensey with that part.  Last Thursday we decided it would be a good idea to have the kids go to each house, so they could see everyone's house where they would be taught.  So we each had about 10-15 minutes at our house and showed the kids where class would be, where the bathroom was at and do a small activity with them.  It was a lot of fun! I am so excited about this and Maggie is loving it so far! She had her first real day yesterday and was soooo excited to have actual homework to do just like her big brother.  She kept telling David and Dad that she had to finish her homework that night for preschool.  They talked about the letter "A" and Maggie informed me that she had a lot of apples that day and didn't need anymore that day!:)  It was so cute to hear her tell us all about school.  I have my first rotation at our house in a few weeks and I am really looking forward to it.  I got some cute puppets and music instruments for music time and a new easel for circle time.  This is going to be just perfect for us.  I loved going to the store with just one kid and then still having time to have some down time with just Parker! It was a great day!!  I am so glad Maggie has this to look forward to every week!

2 comments:

Alice-Anne said...

maggie has SUCH a personality. I love it.I am glad you are excited to do this...I am, too. And BTW: after our party on Thursday, I asked Spencer which house/activity did he like the most and yours won! :)

Jen T. said...

That is good to know that Spencer liked mine best...he probably changed his mind after all the fun on Monday though:)