Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pregnant with number 5

20150217_172127Message_1428339389516

On February 17, 2015 I found at we would be expecting our 5th baby! We were so excited. I was a little nauseous for about a month starting at about 8 weeks.  Before that all I wanted was salads and peppers. I could not get enough of them.  I couldn’t eat anything sweet at all for about 4 months and Chinese food and chicken made me sick too.  I was exhausted for the first few weeks.  It was such a blessing that after we put our house on the market and having to start showing the house I was feeling so much better and got more energy.  It was such a blessing.  Because I had early deliveries and had been on bed rest with all the other kids my doctor decided to do an extra ultrasound to see if there was anything going on.

Message_1432137802950Message_1432139806080

On May 20th we found out we would keep the sequence alive and welcome a baby boy who we are expecting on November 2nd, 2015.  And then at the second ultrasound I got to see this handsome little baby boy again on screen. He was such a poser and really put on a show. 

Message_1435190568250Message_1435190623227

Look at him flexing those muscles and we are 100% sure that he is a boy this time!! Smile 

I have had a different doctor for all of my pregnancies.  We either move or they retire or I don’t like the doctor.  My doctor this time is a younger one and at my first appointment he told me he doesn’t think that bed rest works and that he didn’t think I should be on the progesterone shots like I was for Parker and Elizabeth. So I decided that I would give that a try and see how I would do without the weekly shots.  The 2 kids that I did take the shots with were both born after 39 weeks, so I felt that they did work. I still had to do nothing majority of the day from 28 weeks on, but at least I could make the contractions stop, when they started.  So I have not been doing the shots and things have been going amazingly up until the day I got to 29 weeks. I had been having lower back pain the day before, but I thought it might be just from my new calling as Primary Secretary and all that walking around for an hour and 45 minutes.  Then on Monday I was taking it pretty easy. Around 2:00 that afternoon I started having some mild contractions. By 3:00 the contractions were about 5 minutes apart and getting more intense, so I texted David and told him he may want to come home to get me to the hospital.  I usually have contractions through out the day, but if I lay down they will go away. This wasn’t the case with these.  So David got home and we packed up the kids and went to the hospital.  We got there about 4:00 and David waited out in the waiting area with the kids until Trish could come and pick them up.  I got checked in and once I laid down and got hooked up to the machines the contractions started getting more intense and closer together. They ran some tests and luckily I was not in “true” labor, but the contractions would not stop and were about every 2 minutes.  They were also getting painful. They gave me a painful shot of terbutaline and we waited to see if that would do the trick. After 30 minutes the contractions had slowed to about every 3 minutes, so they gave me another shot of it and luckily that did the trick. The bad thing about the drug is is makes my heart race and my whole body shaky. We were able to go home around 8:00 that night. The room was freezing and by that time my back was starting to notice how uncomfortable those beds are, so I was so excited to get home to my own bed.  Even though I had been through this 4 times before, it was still terrifying and painful! My doctor still doesn’t think that I need bed rest, but my husband and I disagree. Today he has not let me lift a finger and has kept up with the kids. He really is amazing at taking over anytime that I am sick.  We are just going to play it by ear and I will go with my gut to see my limits over the next few weeks. What I know is this…doctors do not know everything and after 5 pregnancies I think I know my body a little better than he does and even if he thinks I’m crazy, I will do my best to keep this baby in  for the next 8 weeks! Here’s praying things will go well over these next few weeks and little Pierce Jackson will stay in until it is healthy for him to come meet us!

Speaking of his name…cutest story. The day we went to get the ultrasound I took Parker and Lizzy with David and I to see this little baby on the screen.  Unfortunately they didn’t tell me before hand that no kids were allowed in the room for the ultrasound. Oh and that morning I got pulled over in my new neighborhood for going 29 in a 25 and got a ticket. I was on edge after that and so this just made me mad and I asked them why they wouldn’t have told me, when I know that in the past I have had kids in there for the ultrasound. The lady was quite rude and just kept asking who would be watching my kids during the ultrasound…I’m still not a fan of this receptionist. Anyways so David stays in the front with the kids, while I go and have the ultrasound. I come out to tell them it’s a boy and Parker is just grinning from ear to ear and I ask him what he thinks it is and he yells, “It’s a Boy!!!! He had been saying it was a boy from the day we told him we were having a baby. He was right! One of the first things he said was, “oh boy we’re having a Parker Junior!!” David and I just looked at each other and laughed! I don’t know where he got this idea that we would be calling the baby Parker Junior, but it was adorable and all day he went around telling everybody it was Parker Junior in my belly.  That afternoon we picked David and Maggie up from school and Parker couldn’t hold it in anymore. He blurted out, “It’s a boy!!” David and Maggie had been hoping for a girl. David because he didn’t want to have to share a room with 2 brothers and Maggie because she wanted another sister to dress up! Both of their reactions were a mostly disappointment.  Parker couldn’t understand how either of them could be sad about such news. It was hilarious. So after that we started working on boys names. Growing up David had a cousin named P.J. that he loved to hang out with and so we thought to go with part of Parker’s suggestion with a “P” and then pass on the name of P.J. we started thinking of P names. We both finally liked the name Pierce. It is actually a family name on my side of the family and then Jackson just fits. So that’s how we got Pierce Jackson! Smile

No comments: