Thursday, June 8, 2017

October 2016

It was a pretty eventful month for us. We celebrated Pierce's first birthday, had family in town for a cousin's wedding, celebrated my birthday and Halloween. I had gone to the dentist for a cleaning and check up the last week of October and they told me I needed to get my wisdom teeth removed sooner than later. I had 2 that had grown in and one more that was getting close to breaking through. I called to schedule an appointment thinking that it would be a couple of weeks before I would get in to have it done, but they had an opening for the next day, Tuesday October 26th.  I didn't want to since it was the week of my birthday and I knew I probably wouldn't be up for celebrating in that much pain. I called David and told him and he said, "awesome~schedule it because that is a great day at work for me to be there. I don't have any meetings."  So I did it. I went in the next day and everything went great.  It took about an hour total. All I remember is them hooking me up to an IV and giving me the medicine. It felt like I had been asleep for about 5 minutes at most and they were all there talking to me and telling me it was time to go home. So David got me to the car and then I slept a lot. I had an appointment with my OBGYN the next day and didn't want to reschedule, so I went in and while there they did a pregnancy test because I was about a week late, but really didn't think that I was pregnant. I was wrong...I made the nurse to do 2 tests to be sure. I was in shock. I had just had this birth control taken out of my arm about 6 weeks before and had even taken a pregnancy test at home to make sure that I wasn't pregnant before getting my wisdom teeth out. It had come back negative, so I truly didn't think I was pregnant and that I was still just out of wack after getting the thing out of me. Whoops.  I was so worried about the baby and all the medicines that I was taking. The doctor said that everything should be fine since I was still pretty early. After that I was more hesitant to take too much pain medication though and David was even worse than I was about it all. He really has it in his head that I would be a drug addict, if he doesn't watch me. I think he is forgetting how horribly painful the whole thing really is. So for the next week I was trying to recover and only taking the good stuff, when the pain was too much to take. That was a really long couple of weeks and I will now have a lot of sympathy for my kids, when they have theirs out and can truly say I know how they feel.  My birthday was mostly me in bed still and then I went to the kid's school halloween parade. David also took the kids on an outing so that I could have the house to myself for a little bit.  They also picked out a yummy Frankenstein cake for me and had a nice easy to chew dinner. It was a great day. We decided not to tell anyone at that time about the pregnancy, mostly because we knew most would call us crazy. We wanted a few weeks to be excited between the two of us. 




No comments: