Sunday, July 9, 2017

December 2016


 Tom the Elf brought the kids their annual Christmas pajamas.
 David Pascal turned 11 this year and celebrated with family and a went to see Star Wars with Dad at the theater. He also picked out a lemon cake from the store, since I was pregnant and once again sick with the flu. He is an amazing kid and we are so glad to have him as our oldest kids for all the other kids to follow after. He's amazing!

 P.J. really enjoyed watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and we all enjoyed watching Maggie sing and dance in her winter dance recital. 


 I put my new heat press to good use this year. I made the shirts on the top left for Pam and Micha.  I made my dad these socks that say his favorite quote, "Shhh...I'm reenacting Lehi's dream." They were a big hit for him! Then for mom and Sherrie I had each of the kids tell me what they love most about each of them and then made them each a blanket with what they said on it. Holy Crap, what was I thinking doing a project this size while pregnant with my sixth? But I did it and survived.  



Christmas came once again and it was as magical as all the years previous.  One funny and ridiculous thing that happened is that I forgot a few of Elizabeth's presents in my room. I kept thinking the whole morning that her pile seemed so small and that we were missing some, but thought I was just losing my mind. Then later that night we went to our room and there sat a whole pile of her presents.  So we called her into our room and showed her the presents we missed. She was pretty excited to have more presents to open, which made me think that maybe I should do this every year except on purpose! Make the magic continue the whole day.  We'll see. ;) David also took the kids sledding down at the big hill, since we got about 5 inches the night before. It was Trish and Gabby celebrating with us as well and we read Luke 2 Christmas Eve and had the kids act it out. Clearly I was out of my element with this pregnancy because I didn't get any pictures of the kids dressed up. The Flints were planning on coming, but unfortunately little Dax was sick again with RSV. Winter babies are so hard.  In the pictures below are the kids decorating sugar cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve and then us going to see Christmas in Color.



 Maggie's birthday was a lot of fun this year. I took her and one of her best friends, Ava, to get pedicures, eat at Red Robin and a little shopping. It is ridiculous how fast she is growing. She is the best helper, especially with Pierce. He even calls her "Da" and knows she is always ready to help him. She is a great girl and I love watching her grow.


 And finally came Dad's birthday. He got lots of new clothes and a half eaten Frozen cake leftover from Maggie's birthday 2 days before. Poor guy...by the time it gets to his birthday, we are all done with cake and don't really want anymore so he is a great sport and said he would take the leftovers. What a trooper!


No comments: