Monday, July 24, 2017

Sister Trip 2017


 Marji designed some cute things for sister shirts and I made them with my amazing heat press for all of us. 

All the DeVaux girls enjoying sushi and a painting night to celebrate Mom's birthday. :)
I decided that since I was pregnant with our 6th child, I should take a trip with my sisters. I wanted to, since I would have a baby attached to me for the next year. So we started planning and originally we were going to go to Dallas, Texas and do shopping and eating, but as it got closer we decided to just hang out in Arkansas and do a lot of shopping and eating there. It was so much fun! I was about 5 months pregnant, but that didn't slow me down. We spent a full day shopping at all the stores and we all found an amazing sale on boots and treated ourselves to those. There were pedicures, painting classes, shopping, eating and of course tons of laughs. We also all got massages from Molly, also. It was so great to see all my Arkansas family and get to actually have conversations with them without being interrupted by my kids.  It was just the break I needed. I left Wednesday, February 15th and went home the next Monday. Trish and Gabby flew out with me. Best flight ever. It had been a while since I had flown without a baby.  My feet didn't really appreciate it though. They swelled up so much from the flight! Good thing I had flip flops on or it could have been really uncomfortable.  It was great spending time with my family and being in Arkansas. David is a saint for letting me go and taking care of all the kids, while I was gone. I am blessed for sure. So glad to be so close to all my sisters as well.  I talk to each of them on a daily basis and we love comparing notes on the chaos of  being a mom to crazy kids.  

No comments: