Wednesday, October 24, 2012

17 Weeks

I haven't posted much about this pregnancy, so I figured while I am here laying in bed with laryngitis, eating ice chips, with nothing else to do and not able to speak now would be a great time to update the blog about this pregnancy. :)  I am 17 weeks along today.  I can't believe I am that far along.  It has gone by so fast when I think of the fact that in another 20 weeks and I will have a new baby to take care of and 4 children in all to try to juggle.  I am finally over the "nauseous" stage where everything and every smell makes me run to the bathroom.  I started feeling better about 2 weeks ago, but still have the occasional sick day, where I just can't keep things down and I have absolutely no energy for anything.  That is usually only once or twice a week though, which I can handle.  I have not gained or lost any weight in this pregnancy yet.  I was heavier starting out with this pregnancy, so the baby has had room to grow in there without making me gain a ton of weight yet.  I still fit into all my clothes and most days I just look like a have eaten a little too much and have a little bump, but doesn't look like I am pregnant, which is good and bad.  I have gotten my energy back and can keep up with the cleaning on most days without falling over in pure exhaustion. 
I started feeling the baby kick and move about a week ago and absolutely love this part of pregnancy.  I love feeling the movement of him/her and at the same time not having a foot in my rib the whole time or pushing on my bladder for fun! He/she is still small enough to have room to play in there for the next couple of weeks.  This really is the best time of pregnancy.
 I had my monthly check up this week and took Maggie and Parker with me to the appointment.  Maggie loved hearing the heartbeat and said it sounded like an animal of some kind, but now I can't remember what she said exactly.  Everything looks perfect and next month we will have the ultrasound and get to find out if it is a boy or girl...I think everyone knows that the kids are pretty big on getting "Elizabeth" here.  Maggie is definitely the most excited to find out.  She has announced this pregnancy to way more people then I have and is proud to have another baby on the way.  People will come up to me and say that Maggie was talking about the baby in her mommy's belly or how sick the baby makes mommy and check to make sure she is accurate! 
Starting at my next appointment I will be starting my weekly progesterone shots.  I was going back and forth about whether I wanted to get them this time around, since I was still on bed rest last time even with the shots.  But the shots did keep the baby in for as long as possible and now that I know what to expect I think this one will be better.  The thing that really helped me know that I needed to start the shots is when I start having very light Braxton Hicks contractions starting last week.  I am definitely taking it easy with this pregnancy though and know when I need to rest.  David has been amazing during this whole pregnancy so far and is always getting onto me to stop doing so much and to rest more. He takes the kids places and does homework on the days where I just can't function.  He has made many trips to the store for whatever craving I may be having at that moment.  I have loved italian food with this pregnancy especially fettuccine Alfredo. YUM! I can't get enough of it. I also love french fries. Especially Arby's curly fries.  My go to snack most of the time is either a bagel with cream cheese or Corn Flakes with bananas.  I can finally eat pizza again after months of it making me sick.  I love my Dr. Pepper, but water and milk are usually the things that quench my thirst.  The things that I have had to make a run to the store for are cinnamon bears, Twizzlers, salad, alfredo, snickers, watermelon, apples, caramel apples and probably a lot more that I have blocked out of my mind.
I do not sleep well, while I am pregnant.  I always wake up thinking that I am late for something or that I forgot to do a school report for David or something to do with school and deadlines.  Most nights I will wake up in a panic thinking that I have forgotten to do something.  So I do not get that great a nights sleep, but at least I don't have a baby attached to me and no explosions to clean up. :)  All in all this isn't the worst pregnancy I have ever had.  I have to eat constantly to avoid getting sick and usually can't eat just anything, but at least I have medicine to help me on my bad days.  So that is the pregnancy.  Until next month, when we get to find out what we are going to call this little monkey. (cross your fingers that they get it right this time too!) 

No comments: