Monday, October 8, 2012

My Beehives

Beehives tying flip flops!
The girls "chalking" Kate's house

I have been serving in Young Womens in my church for 2 years this December.  I LOVE my calling.  I am over the Beehive class, which are the girls ages 12 and 13.  I have such a fun group of girls.  They are all so close and always have a ton of fun together.  We have a Beehive class party a couple of Fridays ago and had a blast.  We went swimming for a couple of hours and then we (Me and Alice-Anne) took the girls to Chili's for some yummy snacks.  Oh the lives of 12 year old girls! They are wild, loud and always energetic.  After our big snack I told the girls IF they were good we could go and chalk Kate's house.  Kate is in the Young Women presidency as well, but she is with the 16-18 year old girls.  The beehives LOVE Kate. They are infatuated with her. Every time we are together they ask why Kate didn't come to our activity and what we thought Kate was doing that night.  Love is not a strong enough word.  They have been begging me to take them to Kate's house for the past 3 months to go "chalk" her house.  I finally gave in and they were thrilled.  They had the time of their lives!:) They are very easy to please thank goodness. 
The beehive class is our biggest class in our ward. We have about 8 girls that come weekly.  We can do a lot of fun things with so many girls.  Most of the girls also come to play Youth Volleyball on Thursday night, which I somehow got put over.:)  It is a lot of fun coaching them.  We have been playing for 3 weeks now and have come a long way. We finally won our first game this past Thursday! We were all so excited.  I am amazed how brave all the girls are at playing. None of them had ever even touched a volleyball, but they got out there and gave it their all.  I am so proud of them! I played volleyball in high school, but that was a long time ago. This has brought back some great memories from my younger years. 
This calling keeps me extremely busy. Sometimes I don't think that I do very much for it, until I start thinking about Sundays, Wednesdays, Volleyball, meetings with the presidency twice a month, class presidency meetings once a month and whatever other extra activities come up.  It can be a little draining at times, but I always come home feeling so much better than when I left.  It is a great blessing in my life!

No comments: