Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Birthday!

 Our view from The Roof Restaurant
I had a great birthday this year.  As I have gotten older, birthdays have started feeling less like a special day and more like any other day of being a mom and a wife just with a cake or card telling me how old I am this year.  After 5 birthdays of being a mom, I have finally come to terms with what a birthday for a mom is like.  There is still a huge amount of laundry to do, dishes to put away, homework to do, diapers to change, explosions to change and so many other little tasks that come with being a mom and nothing much to make it unlike any other day.  Don't get me wrong, my family is great to me and I get a ton of phone calls on my birthday!  I used to never understand why my mom wasn't counting down the days until her birthday and why she wasn't more excited about her special day.  It took becoming a mom to understand!:) 
This year was a great day! David told me Happy Birthday before going to work.  I got phone calls all day from my family.  Little David came downstairs and we were talking and I said, "David, guess what today is? It's my birthday!"  David responded, "Oh, well you better tell Dad, because I don't think he knows that it's your birthday.  I think he thinks it is Maddy's Birthday today. You better tell him!"  He walked out of the room shaking his head.  I was laughing so hard at his response!  Kids are so dang funny!:) We then went to a store, so I could get a new shirt, then we picked up some Chick-fila for lunch, then we dropped David off at school.  Then I went back to the house to drop Parker and Maggie off with Grandma Torgerson, then headed back to the school to help with David's Halloween Party. We did the Halloween Party, then went back home for about 45 minutes before leaving to go pick up Gabby in Pleasant Grove, because Trish was in Salt Lake City for the day and was watching my kids that night, so me and David could go out.  So since I didn't want to wait until 7:00 to go out, I sat in traffic for 45 minutes and got to Gabby's daycare to get her. We then turned back around and headed home. I came home to a bouquet of flowers in the front and a card from a very thoughtful friend of mine, Alice-Anne!  We got home and I had just enough time to feed Parker, change my clothes and freshen up a little bit before heading downtown to have dinner with David.  We went to eat at The Roof.  It is in the Joseph Smith Building downtown and amazingly yummy. We had never been there before and it was awesome.  It is a buffet of gourmet foods.  All the steak, shrimp, chicken and so many other things that you can eat!:)  Oh and a whole table of amazing desserts to choose from.  Oh soooo good!:)  Then David took me to get my present. A new camera!! I was in desperate need of a new one. Mine was a little beat up and slow.  Then we came home and he gave me my other present, a set of tools! I have been asking for this for a while.  I get so tired of using David's and going out to the garage anytime I want to change a battery in the kid's toys or hang something.  I was so excited!  It was a great day! Thanks to all y'all who made my day a little more special!

No comments: