Sunday, January 1, 2012

Big David’s Birthday

P1010950
The kid's cake for Daddy!
P1010949

P1010960
P1010958

P1010962P1010965
Crap, you’re old!!!
David had his 31st birthday this year! He went into work on his birthday for the first time in I don’t know how long.  He also had a very specific request for his cake the day before his birthday.  He sent me a link to the funniest birthday cakes and showed me the picture of this cake…I thought he was joking at first. It turns out he wasn’t joking at all.  So I made him a cake that looked like poop.  The kids were pretty offended by this cake and wanted me to make another one too, so I made another one…and put a water balloon in it. The kids were so excited. Oh and by the way a couple of weeks ago little David came up to me and said, “Mom, do you remember when dad put a balloon in my cake and ruined it? I think we should make him a balloon cake for his birthday!”  I was laughing pretty hard! It was just perfect.  So we made Daddy his “special” cake.  Then we told David that he could serve the kids, while we got him his piece.  He did and the balloon popped, the only bad thing was that he used a butter knife instead of a sharp knife, so we didn’t get quite the explosion that we would have liked.  It was still pretty funny though.  I had some issues putting it together earlier and had to have Gabe help me. The balloon I made first was too big and you could totally tell it was a balloon, so as I was taking it out it popped all in the cake…then there was water all around and inside the cake.  But we got most of the wetness gone and fixed it to make it not so obvious that there was something in the cake.  The funny thing is that Trish and David both noticed that the cake looked strange, but didn’t say anything.  Then after David cut it, they both confessed that they didn’t know why it looked a little wet on the sides.  It was pretty funny! We got David a miter saw for his big present and some clothes and a tie.  We tried to make sure Maggie’s wish came true!;)  It was fun to help David celebrate his birthday and we are so lucky to have him!! Happy Birthday, Baby!!

No comments: