Friday, January 10, 2014

Biscuit

20131229_150722P1040325

So on Christmas Eve this year we had a lot going on at our house. We had a lot of people coming and going and we were all trying to get all of our last minute stuff done. We had just finished with Santa visiting and I went to the store with Molly to get a few things.  We went and got in the car and I realized that I hadn’t seen Biscuit in a while, so I called David and told him to go look around from him and then we went to the store. About 30 minutes later David called me and said that he couldn’t find him anywhere.  I was sick.  I know he is just a dog, but as most people that know me well, know that he is my favorite most days.  We looked for him for hours and he never turned up. Since it was Christmas Eve we didn’t tell the kids and we went on with our plans. Then we had Christmas, Maggie’s birthday and big David’s birthday. On Friday I went and looked at all the animal shelters and put fliers up.  We got a call from a lady on Friday night that said that she saw him a little ways from our house on the street and confused and then she said she saw a man get out of an SUV and start walking towards him, so we assumed that he got him and took him home.  On Sunday we were at church and David got a text. I didn’t see who it was from, but it said, “We found Biscuit, he is at the house.”  I was so excited and confused. I thought that someone had seen the flier and had him. So then David told me later that it was from Robert and that Biscuit was at our house, not someone else’s.  I ran home after sacrament and saw him. He was pretty skittish for the first day or so and was pretty skinny.  The poor puppy was out in cold weather on his own for 5 whole days and nights. How he survived, what he did and where in the world he was is going to be a mystery to us forever. It was truly a miracle.  I was so depressed for those 5 days. I really had no idea how much a part of our life he really is until he was gone.  Live and learn and thank goodness for miracles.

No comments: