Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas 2014

P1060213P1060214P1060215P1060218P1060219P1060220P1060221P1060225P1060226P1060227P1060228P1060231P1060238P1060245

P1060247P1060248P1060249P1060250

P1060235

Christmas morning came and at 6:30 a.m. we were all downstairs opening presents.  It took us a good hour and a half to just have the kids open their presents.  As far as my kids Meme and I went a little overboard with presents, but that is what Christmas is for! I don’t buy the kids toys throughout the year, so I get a little toy happy every Christmas.  The kids got a lot of great things and to name them all would take way too long of a post.  I did get the kids a Kindle Fire, Maggie and Lizzy a kitchen, David and Parker Lincoln Logs and Lizzy got some play center stuff. For big David we set a $30 budget and so we both got creative.  I decided to be really giving and I gave him a card that said that I would play Minecraft for 4 hours. This is a huge present for him. David has been bugging me for years to play with him so I knew this would be the perfect gift for him.  For Sherrie and Dave we got them family pictures scheduled.  It was going to be a surprise, but Sherrie called me a couple of weeks before Christmas and told me she wanted to do family pictures, when everyone was out here. So I had to ruin the surprise and tell her I already had it covered!Smile 

After all the kids opened their presents, we let them go play with them and then us adults opened our presents.  I got so many amazing things. Sherrie and Dave got me a huge deep fryer, a beautiful amethyst necklace and earring and too many other great things to name! We finished up around 9:00 and headed upstairs to get started on our Christmas dinner.  We were up there cleaning and then I started a load of dishes in the dishwasher and a few minutes later we noticed water leaking from it. Then we went downstairs to the laundry room and there was water dripping from the pipes onto all of our storage.  So then David spent the next 5 hours trying to fix this plumbing/flooding issue we were having.  While they were trying to fix this disaster we got the turkey from the outside fridge and brought it in only to find out that it was frozen.  There went our dinner plans, which worked out because we didn’t have our kitchen all day with David in there trying to fix the flood that was happening.  We called a plumber after a few hours of David and Dave trying to fix it and the plumber was pretty rude with David. Trust me I understand that it is Christmas and nobody wants to work on Christmas, but man he was ridiculous especially since he was going to charge us $250 the first hour and $150 every hour after that.  That got David motivated! Somehow after a lot of towels and buckets of water thrown outside, he finally fixed it around 3:00 or 4:00.  So for dinner I don’t even remember what we had. I do know that we had a lot of food in our house and nobody went hungry. 

By that night between all that had happened I was so emotionally drained and so much had happened that that night it felt like Christmas was a hundred years ago.  It was very nice not cooking in the kitchen all day though. Sherrie and I both appreciated that little blessing and it was a great distraction to not think about Biscuit being gone.  It was a great and very memorable Christmas and we were so blessed to share it with so much of our family.  Thank goodness I have a full year to recover!

No comments: